Thursday, July 22, 2010

MUST READ THE PREVIOUS POST BEFORE CONTINUING

A continuation fo the previous post. If you haven't read it, I urge you to do so.

---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Once at the cabin, I immediately felt better. He stopped at the front door to let me down.

"Hey, you got a phone number I can ring you up at?" I asked, ready to whip out the old pen and notepad in my bag.

Lanoo shook his head. "I'll be out here tomorrow if you like," he offered.

I was a little disappointed. I fully expected him to want to trade numbers, like any normal person. But he wasn't normal. Maybe his family didn't like in the twenty-first century, let alone the twentieth. I nodded. "Sure. I'll see you tomorrow." I turned around and went inside.

My mother attacked me first. "Who was that boy?" she snapped, "And why was he carrying you? You're a mess--what happened?"

I tried to play it off. "That boy? That's Lanoo. He lives around here."

My dad looked at us from around the corner. "Are we going to eat or not?"

Mother dropped the subject for the sake of food. Once washed up and at the table, my dad brought it back up.

"So who is this Lanoo boy?" he inquired.

"Some kid who lives around here," I began, but my mother interrupted.

"Honey, He's not just any kid," she said. Her tone was deep, as if warning us all. "He's super handsome. And he's got the hippie look. Does he do drugs?"

I shrugged and swallowed a piece of bread. "I dunno. I thought he might, but he doesn't seem like that bad of a kid. But yeah, he's SUPER cute."

"So what did you two do?" Dad asked.

I improvised a quick cover-up story. "Well, when he found me he saw that I was drawing one of the bluejays so he sat there and drew some pictures with me. He talked about the forest alot, not much about himself. I asked him for a phone number but he says he doesn't have one."

"Planning a second date?" Mom asked before shoveling a forkful into her mouth.

"Pshh. That wasn't even the first! But he said he'd be out there tomorrow, so I can meet him again."

Dad spoke up. "I want to meet this boy before you two get into anything serious."

I laughed. "Don't worry. We'll probably just stay freinds." I knocked on the chair a couple times. Mom noticed and grinned.

---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

I didn't even have to avoid one spider home before I found Lanoo. He wasn't looking in my direction and seemed to be concentrating on something in the sky. I approached slowly and quietly.

"Hi," he said without even turning to look.

"Hi," I said, taking a seat next to him. "So, are you on drugs or something?"

He looked at me, incredulous. "Of course not!"

"Do you do drugs?"

"No!"

"Oh, okay. Just making sure, cuz you dress like a hippie and hippies do drugs."

Lanoo looked at himself, assessing the clothing. "These old things? I just picked them up off some dead guy stuck in a tree."

I gave hima curious look, not quite sure whether he was joking or not. He grinned and laughed.

"I'm just kidding. The dead guy was floating down the river."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Lanoo was classic.

4 comments:

  1. Your story confuses meh!

    It reminds me of Artmeis Fowl, how it combines both fantasy and normality. (Sorry if you find that insulting---dunno if you're opposed to old Arty ^^U )

    Anyway, that's the confusing part, though. I'm just like, "Why is the Willow family so normal (like in tune with technology and the fact that hippies exist), yet why aren't they human, and wait, is Lanoo even human?!"

    (Sorry if my questions were answered within the story, but I never caught the answers. Also, sorreh if my answers are gonna be answered in a future piece of the story.)

    -----------

    "I'm just kidding. The dead guy was floating down the river."

    I LIKES THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really hard to write in first person. >.< Butt I based it off of Wings by Aprilynne Pike. So if you have ever read that book, you should know all about this. At this point in the story, I am being obscure with Lanoo's identity because HE AIN'T HUMAN. 8D

    I'll write more so that this fragment isn't just left hanging. xD

    Oh yeah, I read a little bit of Artemis Fowl, but I couldn't really get into it. I saw the manga/comic thing and was like HOLAY SHET NO FRIGGIN WAY. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLAY SHET NO FRIGGIN WAY in a good way or bad?

    Cuzzz, honestly, I'm slightly annoyed at how popular teen books are becoming mangas (like Twilight, Cirque Du Freak, Artemis Fowl, and, what, Alex Rider?).

    The Artemis Fowl one was oh-kay to me, though; it was more of a comic than manga. (At least, the version I saw, anyway.)

    Sorry, maybe I'm just bitter that I didn't have those mangas to read when *I* was a kid, reading those stories D:

    And, I've never heard of that book or author. Dunno if that makes me a loser or what >.<

    I do have one last question, though: IS IT JUST ME, OR WAS WILLOW'S SEX NEVER MENTIONED?

    Cuz, when I was first reading the story, the entire time through, I thought Willow MIGHT be a boy, until part 2, when the mother and (presumably) daughter agree Lanoo's good-looking. Then, I was like, "Whoa! Wait! Is Willow a girl?!"

    And, random: Every time I think of "Willow," I imagine the midget Willow from the movie Willlow. Okay, that's got to be using the word "Willow" too many times in one sentence XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I guess I might have been a little obscure on Willow's sex because I had made it to be a self-insertion fic (just something I write before I go to bed to instigate rad dreams), and I never really thought that Willow was a male name. I guess it could be, like Stevie Nicks. o.o xD BUT I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT MOVIE DAMN. Mad Martigan forevahh!

    But I don't think I'll edit this for any sort of real publishing like stuff, cuz it's not original and it's a self insertion anyway. xD But I'll be more careful in the future with what I write.

    HOLAYSHETNOFRIGGINWAI in a good way. 8) Artemis Fowl wears goggles, I think. Butler is badass. I think I might start reading it. 8D

    ReplyDelete